J4L Barcode Vision for .NET
Copyright J4L (http://www.java4less.com)
J4L Barcode Vision for.NET is an
assembly which can read (scan) barcodes images. It support the following features:
- Finding all barcodes in large
images (for example in a scanned page or document)
- Barcodes can have any orientation
(vertical, horizontal, rotated)
- Supported barcode symbologies
are: EAN13, EAN8, CODE128/EAN128, CODE39 (and extended) , INTERLEAVED 25,
IDENTCODE, UPCA , UPCE .... (more can be devoloped on demand)
The requirements are:
- .NET 1.0, 1.1 , 2.0 , 3.5 or 4.0
Know limitations are:
- Best result are achieved with
black barcodes on white background.
- Shadowed or blurred barcodes can
- Bars should not touch each other
nor the text below the barcode.
In order to use the component you
only need to add rvision*.dll to your project.
The delivered ZIP file includes a
sample applicaion (Sample*.exe) that scans all images in the "images"
subdirectory and displays the result in the standard output (MSDOS console).
The use of the component is very
simple. You must follow these steps:
- Create a Barcode1DReader instance:
Barcode1DReader reader=new Barcode1DReader();
- Set the symbologies you expect
to find in the image:
// we will be looking for code 128
and code 39 barcodes
reader.setSymbologies(Barcode1DReader.CODE39 | Barcode1DReader.CODE128);
- Load your image into an Image
class (format must be PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb). The application Sample.cs
includes a method called loadImage() you can use for this purpose.
// see loadImage method in Sample.cs
- Create a RImage instance and call
the scan() method of the Barcode1DReader
- Read the result. The BarcodeData
objects contain the following information: Symbology (type of barcode), Value
( of the barcode) and position ( x , y).
If no barcode has been found the array returned by scan() will be empty.