Visual Builder Help
Copyright 2005 J4L Components
RChart Visual Builder is a tool for
creating charts to be used with RChart. The tool will allow you to interactively
create the parameters required by RChart.
The benefits of using RChart Visual
- you don't have to write much php
source code in order to create charts.
- you will not make any mistakes
when typing parameters, since you visualy define the chart.
- you will have an overview of the
- you will easily and quickly test
changes in you chart design.
this will result in shorter learning and development times.
RChart Visual Builder is made of
- The chart area (left frame): This
area will display the chart you have created. You must click on the "refresh"
button each time you want to rebuild the chart.
- The main menu: This area lists
the operations you can perform, together with some sample charts you can use
as starting point.
- The components tree (right-top
corner): this area displays the components of the chart. Click on one of the
components to load the configuration in the data area.
- The data area (right-bottom corner):
this area displays the parameters (configuration) available for the selected
The main menu allows you to perform
the following operations:
- New chart: create a new empty
chart. We actually recommend you to use one of our examples as a starting
point for your charts.
- Show parameters: show the parameters
required to build the current chart. You can copy and paste these parameters
on an external file to be used by RChart.
- Help: displays this help file.
- About: displays version information.
- Load examples: loads several examples,
use the "refresh" button to update the chart after you load an example.
The parameters that made up the chart
have been classified into the following categories:
- Chart: chart's configuration parameters
like legend, title and layout
- X Axis, Y Axis and Y2 Axis: configuration
of the axis and scales.
- LineChart, BarChart, PieChart
, RadarChart, GaugeChart: parameters which depends on the type of chart.
- Subgauge1 and Subgauge2: configuration
of the subgauges in the Gaugechart.
- Series: Configuration of the series
to be plotted. The series contain the values to be plotted. The series will
be active only if your enter a value in the "name" field.
The Data area displays the configuration
of the chart component you have selected. Parameters which are empty or contain
the default value are displayed as gray labels. Parameters which contain a value
different form the default one are displayed using a black label.
The Data area contains 2 buttons:
- save: You must click on the Save
button if you want the parameters to be saved before you select another component
of the chart.
- refresh: You must press this button
in order to update the chart on the left frame.